Hearts are some of the most popular motifs for crafting — particularly when making Valentine crafts, wedding crafts and anniversary crafts. They’re also fantastic motifs for use in birthday crafts and everyday crafts. Check out the following heart designs and heart patterns if you’re looking for some up-to-date ideas for heart motifs you can incorporate into your craft projects for Valentine’s Day 2018.
Whether or not you’re ready to get started on your Christmas crafting, you might want to grab this free crochet pattern for a Christmas wreath ornament.
If you can’t wait for Christmas, and you’ve already started making Christmas projects, you’ll be able to crank out zillions of these between now and December 25, 2017.
If you aren’t in the mood to get started on Christmas crafts yet, no worries — you can grab this pattern now, file it away in your pattern stash, and you’ll have it handy when you are ready to fire up and get going on your Christmas projects.
For those of you who celebrate Christmas, I think this is an ideal pattern to have on hand:
- It’s quick.
- It’s easy.
- It doesn’t require much yarn.
- If you used green yarn for any other projects lately, you may even be able to use up your green yarn scraps using this pattern.
- This pattern is great for making ornaments for ornament swaps.
- You can personalize the decorations you put on the wreath — try adding charms, beads, sequins, buttons, bows, pompoms or embroidery. Or keep it simple and go with the decorations suggested in the pattern — whichever you prefer.
- Another Quick Christmas Wreath Ornament to Crochet
- Free Instructions for Unique DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Free Christmas Patterns to Knit and Crochet
- Christmas Color Schemes for Holiday Decorating
This page was last updated on September 18, 2017.
I realize that it’s only September, and that some of you may think it’s too early for posting Christmas gift ideas. However, crafters need an earlier start than most people do — because it takes more time to make your gifts than it takes to buy them. If you get started now, you have plenty of time to make handmade Christmas gifts for all the main players on your gift list this year.
We’ve collected a wide range of Christmas gift ideas and craft projects to inspire you, ranging from crocheted treasures to holiday cards. You’ll find free Christmas beading patterns, Christmas card making instructions, and a whole bunch of other free patterns and project instructions to make.
- Pictured here: A Christmas Candy Cane Dispenser you can make using dollar store craft supplies.
- Christmas Patterns – Find free knitting and crochet patterns for making a variety of different holiday gifts and decorations.
- Crocheted Gift Sets – If you’d rather give a handmade gift that can be used year-around, these gift sets might be just what you’re looking for.
- Don’t forget the giftwrap. You could try wrapping up your gifts in handmade baskets or gift pouches — or you can use this unusual idea for wrapping oddly-shaped gifts in paper giftwrap.